London, 8 December 2017 – The World Cement Association announced today that more than 100 senior delegates from 29 countries will attend the World Cement Conference which will take place in London from 11 to 12 December.
This event, organised by the World Cement Association in cooperation with Intercem, will bring together leading speakers from both inside and outside the cement industry to address the sector’s decision-makers.
“With such a strong interest in the World Cement Conference, we are looking forward to an exciting event and to informative and lively discussions,” said Norman Greig, Secretary General of the World Cement Association.
The conference will focus on key issues and challenges the cement industry is facing, such as sustainability, new technologies influencing the both the supply chain and the construction of new homes, as well as innovations in the market.
Zhiping Song, Chairman of the China National Building Material Group Corporation Ltd. (CNBM), the world’s leading cement producer, will give the keynote address about future strategies for the cement industry, the supply-side reform and the restructuring of the cement industry.
The conference will take place at the conference at the Le Méridien Piccadilly, London.
The Welcome Reception for all speakers and delegates will take place at 19.00 on Monday 11th December.
The World Cement Association will hold its General Assembly for WCA members on the morning of Tuesday 12th December.
The Conference will start at 11.30.
– 11:30 Welcome Speech by Malcolm Shelbourne, CEO, INTERCEM, UK and Emir Adıgüzel, Chairman of WCA and, CEO, Heidelberg Cement Trading, Germany
– 11:40 Keynote Address – Supply-side reform and the restructuring of the cement industry by Zhiping Song, Chairman, China National Building Material Group Corporation Ltd. (CNBM), P.R. China
Session 1 – Future and Resilient Cities and Building Design
– 12:00 Cementing resilience: an innovation agenda for city and cement industry leaders by Jeb Brugmann, Director – Solutions Development and Innovation, 100 RESILIENT CITIES – Pioneered by the Rockefeller Foundation, USA
– 12:30 Cement Industry Response: Role of Concrete in Sustainable Cities by Peter Hoddinott, CEO, Building Material Group SAS, Switzerland
Session 2 – Global Economy Outlook/Market Forecasts
– 14:00 Global Construction 2030 by Graham Robinson, Executive Director, Global Construction Perspectives and Global Business Consultant, Pinsent Masons LLP, UK
– 14:40 Where we are on the road by Patrick Sarch, Co-Head Corporate – M&A and Financial Institutions Group, White & Case LLP, UK and Peter Lu, Counsel, Head of EMEA China Desk, White & Case LLP, UK
– 15:10 Cement Industry Respondent by Ali Emir Adıgüzel, CEO, Heidelberg Cement Trading, and Chairman of WCA, Germany
Session 3 – Environment/Sustainability
– 16:00 ISO 20400 standard for Sustainable Procurement – How it will impact your industry by Shaun McCarthy OBE, Director, Action Sustainability, UK
– 16:30 Natural Capital – underpinning the cement industry by Mark Gough, Executive Director, Natural Capital Coalition, UK
Session 4 – Cybersecurity
– 17:00 Cybersecurity byPaul Hingley, Business Manager CMR – Safety – Industrial IT Security, Siemens, UK
The event will be concluded by the Conference Dinner at 20.00.
For more information please visit World Cement Association.